- Some of the workshops are open to the public (free of charge), while some are only for current BSME students. This is specified in each workshop description.
- Public workshops are recorded. The recordings will be accessible only to current BSME students for a limited time after the workshop (for privacy reasons).
- Workshops are on Zoom. If you would like to receive the Zoom link, please sign up through the form attached to the description.
- If you would like to receive information about upcoming workshops via email, please fill out this form.
Feb 23: Teaching Spherical Geometry to Kids – Public
How to get K-12 students involved in spherical geometry with a hands on approach that works both online and in person?
TIME: Tuesday, February 23, 7:00pm – 8:30pm Budapest time / 1:00pm – 2:30pm US Eastern Time
FACILITATOR: István Lénárt, ELTE University, Budapest, creator of the Lénárt Sphere
ITEMS NEEDED (Don’t worry if you don’t have everything, you’ll find a way around it):
- 2 oranges
- a few rubber bands (assorted sizes, if possible)
- a few toothpicks
- a few bottle caps (two sizes, if possible)
- Colored ballpoint pens or permanent markers that can mark the oranges
SIGN UP by Sunday, February 21 at https://forms.gle/bvDVyLmV5tHGiW7EA
March 9: Everyday Life in Hungary – Public
The Little Differences: All You Ever Wanted to Know about Everyday Life in Hungary (In Just 60 Minutes)
TIME: Tuesday, March 9, 7:00pm – 8:00pm Budapest time / 1:00pm – 2:00pm US Eastern Time
FACILITATOR: Alasdair Mack, Babilon Language School, Budapest
SIGN UP by Sunday, March 7 at https://forms.gle/3pyYrBBA4J5N8Yqi8
March 9: Skribbl! – Current students only
Play skribbl.io and have fun together!
TIME: Tuesday, March 9, 8:00pm – 8:30pm Budapest time / 2:00pm – 2:30pm US Eastern Time
No sign up required.
March 23: Teaching coding to kids – Public
From Scratch to app making! Coding has become the new superpower – and thanks to the technology of block-based coding and some amazing educational tools, programming for kids has gained huge popularity. In this workshop you will learn about a couple of block coding platforms you can use to add a bit of coding to your math classroom – or to start coding games and apps yourself!
TIME: Tuesday, March 23, 7:00pm – 8:30pm Budapest time / 1:00pm – 2:30pm US Eastern Time
FACILITATOR: Fruzsina Kollányi, BSME & Budapest School, Budapest
SIGN UP by Sunday, March 21 at https://forms.gle/LbRPA6kr3P8sJGy68