The BSME Building, which is where the BSME classes are held and where the BSME Budapest Office is housed, is located in Bethlen Gábor tér 2.
Student Chip Cards
Every BSME student will get a chip card at the BSME orientation session. You will have to pay a deposit of 3,000 HUF, which will be refunded upon returning the card at the end of the program.
Your chip card is used for entering the College International building through its security gates, as well as for copying and printing (see Copying Facilities below).
The computer room is located in the basement in room B7 and is open 8 AM – 8 PM, Monday through Friday, except when computer classes are in session. (Check the class schedule posted on the door for these times.) In addition, rooms B11 and B12 are study rooms where students may use their laptops.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building. You will be given the access code at the BSME orientation session; it is also posted outside of the BSME Office.
Computer support staff:
- Géza Nagy, firstname.lastname@example.org, +36-1-413-3020/+36-30-966-6597
- Tamás Báló, email@example.com, +36-1-413-3021
- Zsolt Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org, +36-1-413-3046
The Reading Room is located in room 205 and offers a quiet place to study between classes. The room is open 8 AM – 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
Students may use the copying machine located in the Computer Room (B7) using their activated student chip card. You may print or copy up to a total of 100 pages for free during the semester. After the 100-page-limit is reached, more pages can be purchased at 1,000 HUF per 100 pages in room 213.
Covid update: access to the weight room may not be possible as a covid safety measure, please contact the BSME Office for information.
You can use the weight room of the Veterinary University free of charge (see below for registration info):
- Located at the basement of the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G, green soccer icon shows the entrance to Building G, yellow officer icon shows the entrance to the campus).
- Monday to Thursday 7am to 7pm, Friday 7am to 1:30pm
- Before first use register by emailing email@example.com. Write that you are a BSME student and you would like to use the weight room this semester.
BSME Building: Past and Present
The building was built in 1876 in eclectic style to house the National Institute for Jewish Deaf-Mute, and a synagogue was added in 1931. Later, it housed an elementary school and different Jewish organizations, including a clearing hospital during World War II. In 1956, the building was taken by the Hungarian state; and from 1956 to 2000, it housed the College for Special Education Teachers. Since 2000, the building is operated by the company College International, and houses various international programs.
Besides BSME, there are various international programs in the building. Budapest Semesters in Mathematics (BSM) is a study abroad program in mathematics and a sister program of BSME. McDaniel College Budapest is the Budapest campus of McDaniel College in Maryland. Pre-Med Budapest is a program preparing international students to study at medical schools in English and German.