There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application consists of completing a questionnaire about your contact/background information, writing an essay describing why you wish to participate in the program, submitting a college transcript, and obtaining two letters of recommendation.
Both parts of the BSME Application must be completed. Click on the links below to access the forms.
- Part 1 Questionnaire about your contact/background information.
- Part 2 Personal statement and information of your recommenders.
Application Deadline for Summer@BSME
- April 1 of the same calendar year. (Extended to April 17 in 2023.)
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed within a month after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Applicants who are not North American citizens may need a visa to enter Hungary. We strongly recommend such students to apply by March 15 to allow enough time to process your visa application.
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME. (If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us before applying.)