There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application is submitted through St. Olaf College’s International & Off-Campus Studies online system. The application consists of submitting your contact and background information, writing an essay describing why you wish to participate in the program, and obtaining two letters of recommendation.
To get started, click here for the online BSME application.
Note: On the application, be sure to click on the “Apply Now” button at the top of the page as shown in this diagram, but not the one at the bottom of the page.
- Fall semester: April 1 of the same calendar year
- Spring semester: November 1 of the previous calendar year (see note below)
Spring semester applicants: Applicants who are not North American citizens may need a visa to enter Hungary. For such students applying for spring semester, we strongly recommend apply by October 15 to allow enough time to process your visa application.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed as soon as all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must be undergraduates who are in their second year of college or above by the time they enter BSME, or recent graduates.