There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application is submitted through St. Olaf College’s International & Off-Campus Studies online system. The application consists of completing a questionnaire about your contact/background information, writing an essay describing why you wish to participate in the program, submitting a college transcript, and obtaining two letters of recommendation.
To get started, APPLY HERE.
- Fall semester: June 1 of the same calendar year
- Spring semester: November 1 of the previous calendar year
- Summer@BSME: April 1 of the same calendar year
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed within a month after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Applicants who are not North American citizens may need a visa to enter Hungary. We strongly recommend such students to apply by May 15 (for the fall semester) October 15 (for the spring semester) to allow enough time to process your visa application.
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME. (If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us before applying to the program.)