There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application is submitted through St. Olaf College’s International & Off-Campus Studies online system. The application consists of completing a questionnaire about your contact/background information, writing an essay describing why you wish to participate in the program, submitting a college transcript, and obtaining two letters of recommendation.
To get started, APPLY HERE.
- Fall semester: April 1 of the same calendar year (see note below*)
- Spring semester: November 1 of the previous calendar year (see note below)
- Summer@BSME: March 1 of the same calendar year
* Although the application deadline for Fall 2018 semester has passed, we will continue to accept applications until all spaces are filled. If you’re interested, contact us at email@example.com.
Spring semester applicants: Applicants who are not North American citizens may need a visa to enter Hungary. For such students applying for spring semester, we strongly recommend apply by October 15 to allow enough time to process your visa application.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed within a month after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college by the time they enter BSME.