Tuition and Costs
The tuition for the Summer 2019 program is $4,995 (US).
Below are costs that are not included in the tuition. Please note that these are based on the current exchange rate and the costs may vary as the rate fluctuates.
- Transportation to and from Budapest: To be arranged by the participant.
- Living costs: See table below. The costs are given in Hungarian forint (HUF). An estimated total over 6 weeks is 330,000 – 580,000 HUF.
- Note: Utilities typically include water, electricity, heating, gas, internet, and common charges.
|Expense description||Estimated cost over 6 weeks
|Housing and utilities||180,000 – 250,000 HUF|
|Food||90,000 – 225,000 HUF|
|Local transportation||15,000 HUF
|Miscellaneous||45,000 – 90,000 HUF|
Tuition Payment Schedule
All tuition must be paid as follows.
- Non-refundable tuition deposit of $750: within 3 weeks of receiving your acceptance letter.
- Remaining tuition: before May 1.
Regardless of your financial aid package, ALL tuition must be paid in full to the BSME North American Office no later than May 1, unless other arrangements have been made.
Checks should be made payable to “Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education” and sent to the BSME North American Office:
Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education
Attn: Jill Fisher
1520 St. Olaf Avenue
Northfield, MN 55057
Please write your full name (first, middle, and last) in the memo section of the check.
If you choose to withdraw from the program, we will reimburse a portion of your tuition according to the following schedule: before the program start date, 80%; less than 1 week into the program, 60%; less than 2 weeks, 40%; less than 3 weeks, 20%; beyond 3 weeks, no refund.