Online food options
- Tesco online
- Panda Market (immediate delivery, limited number of products)
There are many supermarkets, neighborhood convenience stores in Budapest. It is also worth exploring your local market (besides the Great Market Hall at Fovam ter).
Lunch Options (Near the BSME Building)
- Neighboring István street and Bethlen Gábor street offer many inexpensive lunch options.
- Students’ pick is Goat Herder – Espresso Bar (soup, sandwiches and salads) at Istvan utca 5.
- For vegan food we recommend Mennyország Szíve at Nefelejcs u. 3.
Downtown shopping malls:
- Aréna Pláza (near Keleti Railway Station)
- Westend City Center (at Nyugati Railway Station)
- Mammut (near Széll Kálmán ter)
- Árkád (at Örs Vezér tere)
Personal Items, Medicines
There are some chains—such as DM, Rossmann, and Müller—which sell toiletries and other personal care items, but carry only a limited selection of medicines (non-prescription only). They have locations throughout the city and in shopping malls.
All prescription and most non-prescription drugs can only be purchased at a pharmacy. (For more information, see Pharmacies under the Health Services section.)
Books in English
Large bookstores: These have English sections.
English language bookstores:
- Bestseller’s (new books, magazines)
- Book Station (used and new)
- Massolit Books and Café (1072, Nagy Diófa utca 30)