There are many supermarkets, neighborhood convenience stores in Budapest. It is also worth exploring your local market (besides the Great Market Hall at Fovam ter).
Lunch Options (Near the BSME Campus)
- College Cafeteria (located in the basement)
- Sandwiches, pastries, snacks, and hot/cold drinks are available during opening hours: 8 AM – 4 PM (Mon–Thu) and 8 AM – 1 PM (Fri).
- Hot dishes are served daily from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
- Goat Herder – Espresso Bar (soup, sandwiches and salads) at Istvan utca 5.
- Mennyország Szíve is a tiny vegan place with a Malaysian chef at Nefelejcs u. 3.
- Bethlen Gábor Street offers many inexpensive opportunities: Lipóti pékség (bakery and café), Burger King and Mcdonald’s (near Baross tér).
- Kalicaka – Hamburgers and more at Rottenbiller utca 32.
- The cafeteria of the Veterinary University (kitty-corner from the campus). Building 4 or “G” houses the cafeteria (the same building in which the basketball gymnasium is found), and it offers hearty Hungarian options at good prices.