BSME Mathematics Education Courses
Schedule: will be posted a few days prior to the semester
- PRC Practicum (Fruzsina Kollányi / Réka Szász)
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method (Péter Juhász)
- GPS Teaching Geometry through Problem Solving (Zoltán Gyenes)
- GPT Gamification and Playfulness in Teaching Mathematics (Márta Barbarics, syllabus coming soon)
- DRS Directed Research: Discovery Learning in Secondary Schools (Márta Barbarics)
BSM offers a large selection of interesting and challenging mathematics courses. The following courses are cross-listed with BSME, although you are welcome to take any BSM mathematics course. See this page for syllabi and a complete list of BSM course offerings.
Note: BSM mathematics courses tend to be more challenging than typical undergraduate courses. Be sure to check the syllabus of each course for the prerequisite knowledge needed.
- AL1 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Áron Bereczky)
- ANT Topics in Analysis (Bence Borda)
- CO1.A Combinatorics 1 (Dezső Miklós)
- CO1.B Combinatorics 1 (Attila Sali)
- C&P Conjecture and Proof (Róbert Freud)
- MPS Mathematical Problem Solving (Sándor Dobos)
- NEG Non-Euclidean Geometries (Gábor Moussong)
- PRO Probability Theory (Péter Bálint)
- SET Set Theory (Lajos Soukup)
- THC Theory of Computing (Balázs Patkós)
- TOP Introduction to Topology (Ágnes Szilárd)
The following courses in humanities, language, and/or culture are cross-listed with BSME, and are offered through either BSM or McDaniel College.
- FILM Great Masters of European Film (László Arató)
- HL1 Beginner Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.A Intermediate Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.B Intermediate Hungarian Language (Katica Miklósy)
- HUC Hungarian Art and Culture (Judit BARTA)
- HUP Hungarian + (Anna Fóti) – NON CREDIT
- MUS Hungarian Music in the 20th century – Classical, Folk and Popular (Krisztina Ujházy
- PHI Philosophy of Mathematics (Kálmán Cziszter)
- PSY1106 Introduction to Psychology (Luis Murrillo)
- PSY2215 Cognitive Psychology (Anna Babarczy)
If interested in communication or psychology courses, please contact Réka Szász.
For other courses and syllabi please see the BSM website (you can attend without special notice).
The following PE classes are offered through McDaniel College.
- Badminton: Mondays 10:15 am – 11:45 am
- Salsa: Mondays 5 pm – 6:30 pm
- Yoga: Tuesdays 10:30 am – 12 am
- Aerobics: Tuesdays 12:30 pm – 2 pm
- Ultimate Frisbee: Thursdays 10:15 am – 11:45 am
Note that McDaniel students have a priority, so not all PE classes might be available for BSM/BSME students. We will email you the sign up sheet once the schedule of classes is posted.
Classes meet at the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, same building as the cafeteria, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G).
You can also use the Weight Room, which is open at the following hours (if staff asks you, tell them you are a College International student):
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 7pm
- Friday: 7am to 2pm