Note: Please also read our course selection guidelines.
BSME Mathematics Education Courses
Schedule: Will be posted a few days prior to the start of the semester.
- PRC Practicum (Fruzsina Kollányi / Réka Szász)
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method (Péter Juhász)
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics (Zoltán Gyenes)
- CBG Concept Building through Games and Manipulatives (Anna Kiss)
This semester, we’re also introducing a new research seminar:
- RGM Directed Research: Gender Issues in Mathematics (Fruzsina Kollányi)
To view the syllabus, click on the name of each school/site.
Each of these activities will have an information session in the first week of the semester. We will keep you updated about the times.
BSM offers a large selection of interesting and challenging mathematics courses. The following courses are cross-listed with BSME, although you are welcome to take any BSM mathematics course. See this page for syllabi and a complete list of BSM course offerings.
- AL1 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Áron Bereczky)
- CO1.A Combinatorics 1 (Dezső Miklós)
- CO1.B Combinatorics 1 (Attila Sali)
- C&P Conjecture and Proof (Róbert Freud)
- MPS Mathematical Problem Solving (Sándor Dobos)
- NEG Non-Euclidean Geometries (Gábor Moussong)
- PRO Probability Theory (Péter Bálint)
- SET Set Theory (Lajos Soukup)
- THC Theory of Computing (Gyula Y. Katona)
- TOP Introduction to Topology (Ágnes Szilárd)
The following courses in humanities, language, and/or culture are cross-listed with BSME, and are offered through either BSM or McDaniel College.
- COM1102 Introduction to Communication: Interpersonal (Jolán Róka)
- COM 2350 Communication and Culture (Barna Szamosi)
- FILM Great Masters of European Film (László Arató)
- HL1 Beginner Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.A Intermediate Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.B Intermediate Hungarian Language (Katica Miklósy)
- HUC Hungarian Art and Culture (Judit BARTA)
- HUP Hungarian + (Anna Fóti) – NON CREDIT
- PHI Philosophy of Mathematics (Kálmán Cziszter)
- PSY1106 Introduction to Psychology (Ottilia Boros)
- PSY2209 Developmental Psychology (Anna Babarczy)
If interested in communication or psychology courses, please contact Réka Szász.
For other courses and syllabi please see the BSM website (you can attend without special notice).
The following PE classes are offered through McDaniel College.
- Badminton (Réka Ránky)
- Salsa (Réka Ránky)
- Volleyball (Réka Ránky)
- Weight Training (Réka Ránky)
Note that McDaniel students have a priority, so not all PE classes might be available for BSM/BSME students.
Classes meet at the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, same building as the cafeteria, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G).
You can also use the Weight Room, which is open at the following hours (if staff asks you, tell them you are a College International student):
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 7pm
- Friday: 7am to 2pm