The COVID-19 pandemic and the risks posed to the BSME community require that each of us observe heightened safety precautions during the Fall 2021 semester. We have designed a set of policies and procedures to minimize the incidence and spread of COVID-19 within the BSME community. These are outlined in our COVID-19 Return Plan, which we expect you to read carefully.
To set a clear expectation of your commitment to our safety policies and procedures, each BSME student is required to acknowledge their agreement with the contract below as a condition of their participation in BSME during the 2021–2022 academic year.
I agree to the following:
Pre-Departure and Arrival:
- I will participate in the pre-departure orientation.
- I will provide proof of vaccination.
- I will comply with all travel and visa requirements that may affect my entry into Hungary.
- Upon arriving in Budapest, I will complete a 7-day soft quarantine and follow the guidelines as outlined in the BSME COVID-19 Return Plan.
Monitor and Care:
- I will monitor my health daily and report any COVID-19 symptoms, exposure, or positive test result to the BSME Student Coordinator.
- If I am experiencing symptoms, I will self-isolate in my apartment room and participate in classes remotely until I receive a COVID test.
- If I receive a positive test result, I agree to be moved to hotel isolation where I will be monitored, provided food, and participate in coursework remotely until I am no longer a transmission risk.
- While in my apartment, I will act responsibly to limit possible transmission of COVID-19.
- While in the BSME classrooms, I will abide by the mask policy agreed upon by each class.
- I agree to not have any visitors in my apartment or in the BSME classroom building.
- I understand that personal travel during the semester may increase exposure to COVID-19, and that I embark on personal travel at my own risk and expense.
- Prior to any personal travel, I will inform the Student Coordinator and provide contact information where I will be accessible for the duration of said travel.
Program and Local / Regional / National Regulations:
- I will adhere to all BSME program regulations. I understand that these regulations may be revised and updated based on the current COVID-19 situation in Hungary.
- I will adhere to all local, regional, and national regulations. I understand that these regulations may include (but are not limited to) closing of classroom buildings, local curfew or lockdown, or national evacuation.
Participation in BSME:
- I have read the BSME COVID-19 Return Plan and agree to adhere to the safety standards as outlined in that document.
- I understand that participation in BSME is contingent upon following these standards.
- I understand that not following the standards may result in removal from BSME.