In addition to the in person program, we are offering an online course during the Spring 2022 semester. Join us from wherever you are in the world!
- The course will run 2 x 90 mins weekly for 14 weeks, 2/7/2022 – 5/20/2022.
- In the application for this course, we will ask about your availability. We will choose time slots that will work for as many applicants as possible.
The course will be taught synchronously, with live online class sessions. We will use the web conferencing software Zoom, which is freely available.
Who should apply?
BSME welcomes participants with varying levels of background. You may be currently pursuing a teaching license; you may be planning to pursue other paths to licensure (e.g., master’s program); you may be an educator at the K–12 or college level; or you may be simply curious about the learning and teaching of mathematics, particularly the student-centered approach. The common thread among BSME participants is their genuine interest in mathematics education and effective teaching practices. (Note: Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME.)
The tuition for the online course is $250.
After you’ve been admitted to the program, you will receive instruction from the BSME North American Office regarding tuition payment. Tuition must be paid in full 7 days prior to the first day of classes, unless other arrangements have been made.
If you choose to withdraw from a course (or from the program), we will reimburse a portion of your tuition according to the following schedule:
- Before the payment deadline: Full refund.
- Before the end of the first week: 90%.
- Before the end of the second week: 50%.
- Beyond two weeks: No refund.
There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application consists of the following components.
- Application form, including:
- Questions about your contact/background information.
- Personal statement describing why you wish to participate in BSME.
- Unofficial college transcript. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: January 21, 2022.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed soon after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME. (If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us before applying.)