BSME Mathematics Education Courses
|10–12||PRC visit||DLP||CBG||PRC (12:00) & lunch|
|12–2||CBG||PSM||DLP (12:30-2:00)||RAA (12:00-1:30)|
- All classes are in room 002.
- In the first week there is no PRC school visit, but a meeting with Fruzsi at 10:15-11:45 on Friday in the BSME building.
- Classes start at 15 minutes past the hour (e.g. 10:15) unless otherwise indicated by the instructor.
- Practicum (PRC) involves a school visit (with Fruzsi) on Mondays, and a seminar (with Réka) on Thursdays at 10:15-11:45. You will receive the school visit info by email each week.
- On Thursday the BSME group will go out for lunch with Réka and Orsi (optional)
- BSME Workshops will happen occasionally, participation is optional, but can be counted towards BSME courses
Syllabi: To view the syllabus, click on the three-letter code for each course.
- PRC Practicum (Fruzsina Kollányi / Réka Szász)
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method (Péter Juhász)
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics (Zoltán Gyenes)
- CBG Concept Building through Games and Manipulatives (Anna Kiss)
- RAA Directed Research: Alternative Assessment (Márti Barbarics)
BSME Internships / Volunteer Opportunities
To view the syllabus, click on the name of each school/site.
Each of these activities will have an information session at the beginning of the semester. We will keep you updated about the times.
BSM Mathematics Courses
BSM offers a large selection of interesting and challenging mathematics courses. The following courses are cross-listed with BSME, although you are welcome to take any BSM mathematics course. See this page for syllabi and a complete list of BSM course offerings.
- AL1 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Áron Bereczky)
- ANT Topics in Analysis (Bence Borda)
- CO1.A Combinatorics 1 (Dezső Miklós)
- CO1.B Combinatorics 1 (Attila Sali)
- C&P Conjecture and Proof (Róbert Freud)
- MPS Mathematical Problem Solving (Sándor Dobos)
- NEG Non-Euclidean Geometries (Gábor Moussong)
- PRO Probability Theory (Péter Bálint)
- SET Set Theory (Lajos Soukup)
- THC Theory of Computing (Balázs Patkós)
- TOP Introduction to Topology (Ágnes Szilárd)
The following courses in humanities, language, and/or culture are cross-listed with BSME, and are offered through either BSM or McDaniel College.
- COM 3221 Gender in Communication (Barna Szamosi)
- FILM Great Masters of European Film (László Arató)
- HL1 Beginner Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.A Intermediate Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.B Intermediate Hungarian Language (Katica Miklósy)
- HUC Hungarian Art and Culture (Judit BARTA)
- HUP Hungarian + (Anna Fóti) – NON CREDIT
- PHI Philosophy of Mathematics (Kálmán Cziszter)
- PSY1106 Introduction to Psychology (Luis Murillo)
- PSY2215 Developmental Psychology (Anna Babarczy)
If interested in communication or psychology courses, please contact Réka Szász.
For other courses and syllabi please see the BSM website (you can attend without special notice).
Complete list of McDaniel course offerings for this term. If you wish to take a McDaniel course, please contact Réka Szász.
If you wish to take an AIT course, please contact Réka Szász.
The following PE classes are offered through McDaniel College.
- Indoor Soccer: Monday 10:15am – 11:45am (few places only)
- Social Dance (Salsa): Monday 5pm – 6:30pm
- Yoga: Tuesday 10:30am – 12am (few places only)
- Aerobics: Wednesday 12:30pm – 2pm
- Ultimate Frisbee: Thursday 10:15am – 11:45am
PE classes start on February 5.
Note that McDaniel students have a priority, so not all PE classes might be available for BSM/BSME students.
Classes meet at the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, same building as the cafeteria, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G).
You can also use the Weight Room, which is open at the following hours (if staff asks you, tell them you are a College International student):
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 7pm
- Friday: 7am to 2pm