BSME Mathematics Education Courses
Schedule: See below for names of these courses.
- Classes start at 15 minutes past the hour (e.g. 10:15) unless otherwise indicated by the instructor.
- Practicum involves a school visit (with Fruzsi) on Mondays, and a seminar (with Réka) on Thursdays at 11:15-12:00. You will receive the school visit info by email each week.
- OBM is a concise version of PRC for BSM students, without the weekly seminar.
Syllabi: To view the syllabus, click on the three-letter code for each course.
- PRC Practicum (Fruzsina Kollányi / Réka Szász)
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method (Péter Juhász)
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics (Zoltán Gyenes)
- CBG Concept Building through Games and Manipulatives (Anna Kiss)
BSME Internships / Volunteer Opportunities
To view the syllabus, click on the name of each school/site.
Each of these activities will have an info session in the first weeks of the semester, we will keep you updated about the times.
BSM Mathematics Courses
The following courses are cross-listed with BSME, although you are welcome to take any BSM mathematics course. See this page for a complete list of BSM course offerings and this page for the BSM schedule.
- AL1 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Áron Bereczky)
- CO1.A Combinatorics 1 (Dezső Miklós)
- CO1.B Combinatorics 1 (Attila Sali)
- C&P Conjecture and Proof (Róbert Freud)
- MPS Mathematical Problem Solving (Sándor Dobos)
- NEG Non-Euclidean Geometries (Gábor Moussong)
- PRO Probability Theory (Péter Bálint)
- SET Set Theory (Lajos Soukup)
- THC Theory of Computing (Gyula Y. Katona)
- TOP Introduction to Topology (Ágnes Szilárd)
The following courses in humanities, language, and/or culture are cross-listed with BSME, and are offered through either BSM or McDaniel College.
- COM1102 Introduction to Communication: Interpersonal (Jolán Róka)
- FILM Great Masters of European Film (László Arató)
- HL1 Beginner Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.A Intermediate Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.B Intermediate Hungarian Language (Katica Miklósy)
- HMS History of Modern Science (Matthew ADAMSON)
- HUC Hungarian Art and Culture (Judit BARTA)
- HUP Hungarian + (Anna Fóti) – NON CREDIT
- PHI Philosophy of Mathematics (Kálmán Cziszter)
- PSY1106 Introduction to Psychology (Ottilia Boros)
- PSY2215 Cognitive Psychology (Anna Babarczy)
If interested in communication or psychology courses, please contact Réka Szász, for class times see the McDaniel schedule.
For other courses please see the BSM schedule (you can attend without special notice).
Complete list of McDaniel course offerings for this term, and the McDaniel schedule. If you wish to take a McDaniel course, please contact Réka Szász.
If you wish to take an AIT course, please contact Réka Szász.
The following PE classes are offered through McDaniel College.
- Basketball (Réka Ránky): Monday 10:15-11:45 am
- Yoga: (Andrea Sándor) Tuesday 10:15-11:45
- Salsa Dance (Réka Ránky): Tuesday 6:00-7:30 pm
- Floor Hockey (Réka Ránky):Wednesday 12:30-2:00 pm
- Aerobics (Réka Ránky): Thursday 12:30-2:00 pm
Please sign up using this form if interested.
Note that McDaniel students have a priority, so not all PE classes might be available for BSM/BSME students.
Classes meet at the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, same building as the cafeteria, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G).
You can also use the Weight Room, which is open at the following hours (if staff asks you, tell them you are a College International student):
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 7pm
- Friday: 7am to 2pm