BSME Mathematics Education Courses
Schedule: See below for names of these courses.
/ OBM A
/ OBM B
/ OBM A
|PRC A & B
/ OBM B
/ OBM B
- Classes start at 15 minutes past the hour (e.g. 10:15) unless otherwise indicated by the instructor.
- Practicum will be run in two sections:
- PRC A will be taught by Fruzsina Kollányi
- PRC B will be taught by Réka Szász
Both PRC sections will involve a 2-3 hours school visit and a joint weekly seminar (even though PRC B has a wider time slot for scheduling purposes). Schedule will be emailed weekly.
- OBM is a concise version of PRC for BSM students, without the weekly seminar. It is run in two sections, each involving a 2-3 hours school visit weekly (school visits in the two sections will be of the same length, even though OBM B has a wider time slot for scheduling purposes).
- OBM A will be taught by Fruzsina Kollányi
- OBM B will be taught by Réka Szász
To view the syllabus, click on the three-letter code for each course.
- PRC Practicum (Fruzsina Kollányi / Réka Szász)
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method (Péter Juhász)
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics (Zoltán Gyenes)
- CBG Concept Building through Games and Manipulatives (Anna Kiss)
To view the syllabus, click on the name of each school/site.
BSM Mathematics Courses
The following courses are cross-listed with BSME, although you are welcome to take any BSM mathematics course. See this page for a complete list of BSM course offerings.
- AL1 Introduction to Abstract Algebra (Áron Bereczky)
- CO1.A Combinatorics 1 (Dezső Miklós)
- CO1.B Combinatorics 1 (Attila Sali)
- C&P Conjecture and Proof (Róbert Freud)
- MPS Mathematical Problem Solving (Sándor Dobos)
- NEG Non-Euclidean Geometries (Gábor Moussong)
- PRO Probability Theory (Péter Bálint)
- SET Set Theory (Lajos Soukup)
- THC Theory of Computing (Gyula Y. Katona)
- TOP Introduction to Topology (Ágnes Szilárd)
Here is the BSM schedule.
The following courses in humanities, language, and/or culture are cross-listed with BSME, and are offered through either BSM or McDaniel College.
- COM1102 Introduction to Communication: Interpersonal (Jolán Róka)
- FILM Introduction to Cinema (László Arató)
- HL1 Beginner Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.A Intermediate Hungarian Language (Erika Fallier)
- HL2.B Intermediate Hungarian Language (Katica Miklósy)
- HUC Hungarian Art and Culture (Márta Siklós)
- HUP Hungarian + (Anna Fóti) – NON CREDIT
- PHI Philosophy of Mathematics (Kálmán Cziszter)
- PHI1114 Philosophy from the Renaissance to Contemporary Times (Barna Szamosi)
- PSY1106 Introduction to Psychology (Ottilia Boros)
- PSY2209 Developmental Psychology (Anna Babarczy)
- PSY2337 Counseling Psychology (Yotam Kramer)
If interested in COM1102, PHI1114, PSY1106, PSY1106, PSY2209, or PSY2337 please contact Réka Szász, for class times see the McDaniel schedule.
For other courses please see the BSM schedule (you can attend without special notice).
Complete list of McDaniel course offerings for this term, and the McDaniel schedule.
If you wish to take an AIT course, please contact Réka Szász.
The following PE classes are offered through McDaniel College (starting from the week of September 12th).
- Badminton (Réka Ránky): M 10:15-11:45 am
- Yoga (Andrea Sándor): T 10:30-12:00 pm
- Salsa (Réka Ránky): T 6:00-7:30 pm
- Weight Training (Réka Ránky): TH 8:15-9:45 am
If interested in a PE class, please sign up here.
Classes meet at the gym of the Veterinary University (opposite corner of Bethlen Gábor tér than the BSME building, same building as the cafeteria, Budapest, István u. 2, 1078, Building G).
You can also use the Weight Room, which is open at the following hours (if staff asks you, tell them you are a College International student):
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 7pm
- Friday: 7am to 2pm