There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application consists of the following components.
- Application form, including:
- Questions about your contact/background information.
- Personal statement describing why you wish to participate in BSME.
- Unofficial college transcript. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional: One letter of recommendation. While it is not required, the letter may strengthen your application. Please ask the recommender to email their letter to email@example.com. See the application form for further details.
Click here for the application form.
Deadline and Regulations
Due to popular demand, the application deadline has been extended to June 15, 2020.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed within a week after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME. (If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us before applying.)
The tuition for the Summer 2020 program depends on the number of courses you take, as shown in the table below.
|# of courses||Tuition|
After you’ve been admitted to the program, you will receive instruction from the BSME North American Office regarding tuition payment. All tuition must be paid in full before June 22, 2020 (one week prior to the first day of classes), unless other arrangements have been made.
If you choose to withdraw from a course (or from the program), we will reimburse a portion of your tuition according to the following schedule: before the program start date, 80%; less than 1 week into the program, 60%; less than 2 weeks, 40%; less than 3 weeks, 20%; beyond 3 weeks, no refund.
BSME does not offer financial aid or scholarships. If you receive financial aid, grants, or scholarships through your home institution, it is often possible for some or all of this money to be applied toward your BSME tuition. Please check with the Financial Services Office or Study Abroad Office at your home institution and verify if they will remit payment or if it is your responsibility.
If your home institution is responsible for your tuition, please share the BSME invoice (which you will receive after acceptance) with the office responsible for payment. If your school needs an invoice to come directly from us, please contact the BSME North American Office.