There is no cost to apply to BSME. The application consists of the following components.
- Application form, including:
- Questions about your contact/background information.
- Personal statement describing why you wish to participate in BSME.
- Unofficial college transcript. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline and Regulations
If you intend to participate in…
- First half only or both halves: the application is due on Monday, January 11.
- Second half only: the application is due on Monday, March 15.
- We accept applications on a rolling basis. Your application will be reviewed soon after all required parts have been submitted. Apply early!
- Most schools have specific requirements students must fulfill before they study abroad. It is important that you check with your college/university to make sure you meet these requirements and will receive BSME transfer credit and all possible financial aid.
- Participants must have completed at least one year of college and be 18 years in age by the time they enter BSME. (If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact us before applying.)
The tuition depends on the number of courses you take, as shown below.
|# of courses||Tuition|
There is also a transcript fee at a flat rate of $250, regardless of the number of courses taken. This is an optional fee. However, you must pay it in order to receive an official transcript and earn credits that you can transfer to your home institution.
After you’ve been admitted to the program, you will receive instruction from the BSME North American Office regarding tuition payment.
All tuition, including the transcript fee (if applicable), must be paid in full 10 days prior to the first day of classes, unless other arrangements have been made.
If you choose to withdraw from a course (or from the program), we will reimburse a portion of your tuition according to the following schedule:
- Before the payment deadline: Full refund.
- Before the orientation day: 80%.
- Before the end of the first week: 60%.
- Before the end of the second week: 40%.
- Beyond two weeks: No refund.
BSME does not offer financial aid or scholarships. If you receive financial aid, grants, or scholarships through your home institution, it is often possible for some or all of this money to be applied toward your BSME tuition. Please check with the Financial Services Office or Study Abroad Office at your home institution and verify if they will remit payment or if it is your responsibility.
If your home institution is responsible for your tuition, please share the BSME invoice (which you will receive after acceptance) with the office responsible for payment. If your school needs an invoice to come directly from us, please contact the BSME North American Office.