We will continue to update this page as the plans for the Summer 2019 program become finalized. Please check back often (or contact us) for more details.
Dates for Summer 2019
Summer@BSME is a six-week program.
- Program begins on Monday, TBA. (Please arrive no later than Sunday, TBA.)
- Program ends on Saturday, TBA.
This week introduces students to Hungarian mathematics education, language, and culture. All classes and events (unless otherwise indicated) will take place in Room 107 of the BSME Campus.
Weeks 2 through 5
You will take the following mathematics education courses. Click on the links for the course syllabi.
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method
- TCH Technology in Mathematical Problem Solving
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics
- CBG Concept Building through Games and Manipulatives
- PRC Practicum
All classes and events (unless otherwise indicated) will take place in Room 107 of the BSME Campus.
- Sunday: Travel (as a group) to Mátrafüred.
- Monday through Friday: Field experience component of PRC Practicum at a mathematics camp for secondary students. You will attend mathematics classes with the students to gain first-hand experience of the Hungarian student-centered learning environment. You will engage in discussions about pedagogy with camp instructors and have the opportunity to assist with various camp activities (e.g., implementing a mathematics workshop for students).
- Saturday: Farewell party; the end of the program.
- Sunday: Travel (as a group) back to Budapest.