We will continue to update this page as the plans for the Summer 2019 program become finalized. Please check back often (or contact us) for more details.
Dates for Summer 2019
Summer@BSME is a six-week program.
- Program begins on Monday, July 1. (Recommended arrival: Saturday, June 29.)
- Program ends on Saturday, August 10.
This week introduces students to Hungarian mathematics education, language, and culture. All classes and events (unless otherwise indicated) will take place in Room 107 of the BSME Building.
Weeks 2 through 5
You will take the following mathematics education courses.
- DLP Discovery Learning: The Pósa Method
- PSM Problem Solving in Secondary School Mathematics
- TCH Technology in Mathematical Problem Solving
- PRC Practicum (in-class component)
All classes and events (unless otherwise indicated) will take place in Room 107 of the BSME Building.
- Sunday: Travel (as a group) to Mátrafüred.
- Monday through Friday: Field experience component of PRC Practicum at a mathematics camp for secondary students. You will attend mathematics classes with the students to gain first-hand experience of the Hungarian student-centered learning environment. You will engage in discussions about pedagogy with camp instructors and have the opportunity to assist with various camp activities (e.g., implementing a mathematics workshop for students).
- Saturday: Farewell party; the end of the program.
- Sunday: Travel (as a group) back to Budapest.