Important: If you plan to arrive in Budapest prior to TBA or depart after TBA, you will need to arrange for accommodations. See below for details.
Weeks 1 through 5
Details of Szent Ignác dormitory:
- Two BSME participants share a bedroom and a private bathroom.
- There is a common kitchen, dining area, and study room.
- The cost, including utilities, is 70,000 HUF per student for the five weeks.
- There is also a refundable damage deposit fee.
- The move-in date is Sunday, TBA.
During Week 6, you will live in a house near the mathematics camp for secondary students, where the field experience will take place. It is located in the beautiful village of Mátrafüred, on the southern side of the Mátra mountains.
Details of Mátrafüred house:
- Two to four BSME participants share a bedroom.
- There is a common kitchen and dining area.
- The cost, including utilities, is 30,000 HUF per student for the week.
- The move-out date is Sunday, TBA.
- We will travel as a group from Budapest to Mátrafüred and back. The cost for the round trip is roughly 10,000 HUF per student.
Meals in Mátrafüred: The mathematics camp where the BSME participants will spend their days provides three meals a day for about 3,000 HUF per day. These meals do not accommodate for special dietary needs. If you have special dietary needs, we can help you order meals from a catering company; you can also buy food at a grocery store.
- Both Szent Ignác dormitory and Mátrafüred house come furnished with basic and necessary items such as furniture, sheets, kitchenware, etc.
- However, the Mátrafüred house does not provide towels, so participants are advised to bring their own or purchase them in Hungary.
- Both residences have washers, but not dryers. (You can easily hang dry your clothes.)
Subject to availability, you may choose to stay in a private bedroom at the Szent Ignác dormitory and/or the Mátrafüred house. Please note that you will have to pay double the cost at each residence.
On TBA, BSME participants must pay the full housing costs for all six weeks, for meals at the mathematics camp (if applicable), and for the Budapest/Mátrafüred round trip transportation. This non-refundable payment must be made in Hungarian forint cash.
BSME provides housing accommodations from TBA to TBA (i.e., these are the move-in and move-out dates). If you need accommodations before or after these dates, we recommend that you reserve an apartment or a room through www.airbnb.com; or a hostel bed or a hotel room through booking.com. Be sure to reserve early, as places book up fast!